Activated Alumina supplier and exporter in Mumbai, Kandla - Gandhidham, Surat, Chennai, Ennore, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, Turbhe Pawana Mahape MIDC Navi Mumbai and also we are major supplier of Activated alumina in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Ajman, Fujairah, Muscat - Oman.
Activated alumina 2 - 5 mm is highly porous material; this material can have a surface area significantly over 200 square metres/g. Very suitable for use as a filter of fluoride, arsenic and selenium in drinking water.
High quality activated alumina for applications such as catalysts adsorption in polyethylene and hydrogen peroxide production, selective adsorption of chemicals from gas streams, and removal of fluoride from drinking water. We also provide activated alumina that can be used as a desiccant in many other applications, including compressed air drying.
Also refer more details of Impregnated Activated Alumina with potassium permagnate KMNO4.
Potassium Permanganate Impregnated Alumina has strong oxidizing property with Potassium Permanganate (KMnO4), it has good efficienty in removing Hydrogen Sulfide(H2S) , Chlorine(Cl2), Formaldehyde(HCHO), Nitric Oxide (NO) & Sulfur Dioxide(SO2) from air.
Physical Properties: ACTIVATED ALUMINA BALL Size 5-8 mm Al2O3 94.6%
|Color and form||White bead|
|Bulk density||48 lbs/Ft3|
|Crush strength||17-30 lbs or 82N/grain|
|Surface area||1.74 x 106 sq ft/lb or 210.36m2/g|
|Moisture Absorption 33% -|
|GRADE||(Instrument - Air Drying Grade)|
|Size (mm or mic)||5-8 / 3-5|
|Bulk density (gm/lit)||0.75-0.85|
|Surface area (m2 / gm)||345-415|
|Pore Volume (cc/gm)||0.40-0.50|
|Adsorption Capacity (60 % RH)||21.5|
|Attrition Loss (%)||0.2|
|Chemical Composition (%)|
|Al2O3 (By difference)||92 min|
Activated Alumina Desiccants:
Activated Alumina Desiccants is a porous form of aluminum oxide. It has a high surface area which adsorbs vapors without any change in form. Activated Alumina Desiccants will not soften or disintegrate easily when immersed in water.
Dew points to -40°F and lower may be achieved with Activated Alumina Desiccants depending on dryer design and operating conditions.
The 1/8” (2-5mm) bead is the size most frequently used in regenerative dryers.
If size is not known or specified, the 1/8” (2-5mm) size is usually satisfactory. However, if Activated Alumina Desiccants is used in a regenerative dryer and the desiccant retaining screens cannot be measured, the 1/4” (5-10mm) size should be used as a bed support (6” layer). If at all possible, obtain a sample and measure it before ordering.
- High adsorption capacity. With high surface area and excellent pore distribution, Activated Alumina Desiccants has a high water adsorption capacity. This reduces initial cost, energy consumption and operating costs through smaller bed sizes and/or longer operating cycles.
- Low abrasion. Insures less dusting during tower depressurization or loading. Low abrasion means low pressure drop and a reduced chance of plugging the afterfilter.
- Resists liquid water. Water slugging due to upstream failure of aftercooler, separators or drain traps will not fracture the alumina beads. The adsorption capacity of the desiccant can be restored after complete regeneration.
- High crush strength. High crush strength, which limits dusting, is important during loading of desiccant towers. High crush strength makes alumina effective as a prebed material when used with other types of desiccants.
- Uniform bead sizes. Activated Alumina Desiccants is a uniformly sized bead. It provides low pressure drop to minimize channeling and ensures utilization of the full bed column section.
Drier Chemicals manufacturer, importer and exporter of industrial chemicals and desiccants such as silica gel, activated alumina, activated carbon and carbon molecular sieves etc. Click on this link to get Most powerful GAS absorber.
International quality product of activated alumina customized as per your specifications. Our skilled quality control supervisors monitor the entire manufacturing process to ensure production of International Quality chemicals.